Ski touring day out in the mountains and nice Virgin Slopes !
Ski touring around La Grave - La Meije: the whole mountain is offered to us, with its varieties of forests, valleys, slopes, couloirs and summits... The first objective is to find beautiful snow to put under our skis.
The climb is the pleasure of consistent effort, at a pace that the guide adapts to your physical condition, in the peaceful atmosphere of the wild mountain, with regular breaks to hydrate and take pictures.
At the top we remove the skins from our skis, have a snack and look around the horizon at the surrounding peaks...
For the descent, the guide gives the options of the different lines that can be taken, safety instructions and technical advice to make the most of the terrain and snow ... And we’re off! To make big freeride turns at mach 2 or small, each his line, each his skis, but snow, fun and pleasure for everyone!
Some examples of our ski touring itineraries for the day out in the mountains from La Grave:
Chazelet area - La Grave:
Signal de La Grave: Altitude 2450 m, 700 m vertical elevation, 2h30 climb, beginners level
Plateau d’Emparis, Gros Têt: altitude 2650 m, 900 m vertical elevation, 3 hours climbing, beginners level
Refuge du goléon et col du Cruq des Aiguilles: altitude 2700 m, 1000 m vertical elevation, 3h30 climb, beginners level
Côte Plaine: altitude 2750 m, 700m vertical elevation, 2h30 climb, beginners level
Spaghetti Couloir of the Cruq des Aiguilles: altitude 2750 m, 1050m vertical elevation, 4h climbing, level difficult
La Grave area / Girose glacier:
Brêche of the Pan de Rideau and Epaule du Rateau W: altitude 3650 m, vertical elevation 650 m, climb time 2h30, beginners level
Col de la Girose 3500 m and Pic de la Grave 3650 m, vertical elevation 750 m, 3h climbing, level difficult
Col du Lautaret area:
Col des Clochettes: 500m vertical elevation or 2 hours of climbing, beginners level.
Tête Noire: 800m vertical elevation, 3 hours climbing, beginners level.
Pic blanc du Galibier: 900m vertical elevation, 3 hours climbing, easy, beginners level.
Pic de Combeynot: 1100m vertical elevation, 4 hours climbing, quite difficult, experienced level.
Grand Galibier by the Col Termier: 1300m vertical elevation, 5 hours of climbing, difficult, experienced level.
Vallée de la Guisane area:
Tour de l’aiguillette du Lauzet : 800m vertical elevation, easy.
Tête de Ste Marguerite: 1200m vertical elevation, quite difficult.
North face of the Pic de l’Etendart: 1400m vertical elevation, difficult.
Petit couloir Davin: 1300m vertical elevation, very difficult.
|Number of riders||1 to 2||3||4||5||6||7|
|Mountain guide price per day||350€||365€||380€||395€||410€||425€|
|join a group of riders||4||5||6|
|Price per rider||99€||89€||79€|
* less 5€ rental Avalanche Airbag Mammut.
Preferential rate on rental and services at the Snowlegend chalet
* less 5€ rental skis lagrave freeride Rossignol Series7
* less 5€ rental skis touring La Grave All Mountain !
* less 5€ rental skiboots Rossignol Alltrack
* less 5€ rental boots Flow double boa, XV binding.
* less 5€ rental snowboards: Pogo, Dupraz, Rossignol.
* less 5€ rental splitboard lagrave XV Rossignol
* Wax, edge, p-tex, less 5€ to 10€ by Mathieu skiman.
* Organic coffee for free.
* Loan of DVA (Avalanche Victim Detector), Element by Mammut (one of the best and easy to use).
* Loan of Rossignol Freeride Helmet (it’s better to wear one), size XS, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, light & comfortable.
* Loan of security bag (25 litres, reinforced back, shovel & probe).
* Loan of harness (compulsory for riding on the glacier area) and very useful for abseiling!
* Possible to leave your gear in the Snowlegend chalet and dry your boots.
Spoken languages : francais,english,castellano,deutch,italiano