Book a high mountain guide Uiagm in La Grave - La Meije Book Snowlegend guide
Freeride skiing at La Grave / La Meije takes place entirely in an off-piste. World-class routes often start on glaciers. There are no marked runs and many risk areas, skiing with a guide is strongly recommended. Here are some reasons to choose a freeride day or weekend with a Snowlegend guide:
The off-piste area is extremely vast, with a guide you can optimize your freeride skiing day in La Grave by skiing the best routes with the best timing.
Some itineraries like the Vallons of La Meije or Vallons of Chancel overlook areas of cliffs where you must not take the wrong route.
Guides know the snow conditions of all the freeride itineraries as they ride here all winter. With a ski guide you will never be in a panic in the middle of an icy couloir.
The Snowlegend guides know all the safety procedures in the glacial zone, whether for the Dome de la Lauze or the Girose Glacier. They are your insurance and security for areas with crevasses for example.
The Snowlegend team is composed of UIAGM guides and instructors who are above all freeride enthusiasts in skiing, snowboarding or telemark. They will share their passion with you.
For quality and safety, Snowlegend prefer to guide groups of maximum 5 riders for couloirs and itineraries.
We accept groups of 6 persons for classical itineraries
Which are Vallons of Chancel or La Meije or Saint Christophe. Typical day Off-piste
|Your group consists of how many people||1 to 2||3||4||5||6|
|Mountain guide price per day||360€||380€||400€||420€||440€|
* Loan of safety gear :DVA (Avalanche Victim Detector), Element by Mammut (one of the best and easy to use).
* Loan of Rossignol Freeride Helmet light & comfortable (it’s better to wear one).
* Loan of security bag (25 litres, reinforced back, shovel & probe).
* Loan of harness (compulsory for riding on the glacier area) and very useful for abseiling!
* Organic coffee for free.
* Possible to leave your gear in the Snowlegend chalet and dry your boots.
You benefit from a discount on rental and services at the chalet Snowlegend
* rental Rossignol skis lagrave freeride.
* rental skis touring La Grave All Mountain !
* rental skiboots Rossignol Alltrack
* rental abs la grave Mammut "Avalanche Airbag system".
* rental boots Flow double boa.
* rental snowboards: Jones, Rossignol, Pogo, Dupraz,
* rental splitboard lagrave XV Rossignol, Solution Jones
* Wax, edge, p-tex, discount 5€ to 10€ by Mathieu skiman.
These prices don’t include:
Ski pass is 51€ per day from Snowlegend, normal price 55€. Reduced price for those less than 25 years old: 42€.
Or buy multi-day ski passes at the desk of the Téléphériques des Glaciers de La Meije: 3 days 159€/53€ per day, 6 days 294€/49€ per day, 10 days 450€/45€, Season pass 950€, Season week 530€
With a 6 days skipass and more, Serre-Chevalier Vallée, L’Alpe d’Huez & Les 2-Alpes : 25 % Off on daily skipass =41€
Lunch at Chancel Refuge - 2508m or Restaurant at the top - 3200m, or in the village - 1450m, depending on the itineraries!
Great value for money! It’s customary to invite your guide for lunch, thank you in advance!